TheNewFantasyOrder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy Linkshell Forum for fun, friends and excitement

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Long-Armed Chariot (LAC)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Keishiki
Admin

Long-Armed Chariot (LAC) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long-Armed Chariot (LAC)   Long-Armed Chariot (LAC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 2:11 pm

Hey guys~ Just got a few comments for last Sun’s run.

We went down a different path than usual, which is supposed to drop more cells. I noticed however, there were no item chests in this path (other than those dropped by mobs).. So that’s one thing to note, cells or items? I bet most of us want cells though heheh..

We also need more dmg output the next time. We spent more time than we should kiting LAC, , so we need to reduce the number of BJs. We were taking too long to get LAC down to the 25% marks, so it was using BJ after a set amount of time has passed, AND also at 25% marks. We can actually use that as a general guideline as to whether we’re putting out enough dmg. If we can get LAC down to 25% fast enough to trigger only those BJs, we know we’re doing good.

So having said that, I’d also like to suggest having Manni as war/nin to melee fulltime with Bon. Tik isn’t having any MP issues, so we should be ok to have another DD in there. /nin to backup tank in case something happens to Bon, like in Sun’s run XD I’m not too sure about having a 3rd DD in there, mainly because of the TP feeding and AoE spam, but we’ll see I guess. Hopefully we’ve got enough firepower this time Razz

There was also some mention of having a pld for the boss run, but personally, I’d prefer to just stick with our previous setup and just toss in more DDs. At first, I quite liked the idea too, that having a pld would free up Bon to go as mnk. But after putting some thought into it, I had the feeling that maybe its not such a good idea afterall Razz Pld/nin wont have voke, so that’s not a choice for us unless we wanna try to wean ourselves off of voke. That leaves us with pld/war. But then, blood tanking LAC just doesn’t seem to work too well. I know pld has higher def and all that, prolly reasonable to say that a pld will get hit for ~200dmg? That sounds manageable, and u can actually use that to generate some good hate. Cure IVs, voke, flash, and all the other JAs. But then, I dunno how long the pld can keep that up… And everytime LAC lands a hit, its getting TP. With 2 DDs hitting it, and LAC getting TP by hitting the pld, we can expect quite abit of TP spam by LAC (I think that’s why most people tend to tank it /nin, to avoid LAC getting unnecessary TP). I dunno if healers can keep up with 3 people constantly getting hit by AoE, I kinda imagine it to be like our very first attempt at LAC.. Yea, THAT one Razz

Maybe I’m just not much of a risk taker, just prefer to stick with something which we know for sure is working for us. But if we wanna try tanking LAC with a pld, I’d say the pld would have to tank backwards (preferably with an earth staff since u cant block with a shield if you’re not facing the mob anyway) to avoid feeding the mob any unnecessary TP. Even if the TP spam wasn’t too bad with 2 DDs, I’d rather have a 3rd DD rather than the pld hitting the mob tbh, get more bang for buck.

But overall, I think we did very well on Sun cheers Next run will be win for sure if we keep this up heheh
Back to top Go down
Manning
Admin
Manning

PostSubject: Re: Long-Armed Chariot (LAC)   Long-Armed Chariot (LAC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:09 pm

I'm fine going WAR/NIN.

I'll make it my priority for leveling also. There is an issue with me getting Brainjacked, I cant seem to get away fast enough after Bon gets BJ, but to remedy this, I will always wear my dusk hands and feet, making me kinda slow and easier for you guys to get away from me.
Back to top Go down
Akkrin
Linkshell Leader
Akkrin

PostSubject: Re: Long-Armed Chariot (LAC)   Long-Armed Chariot (LAC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:27 am

<<< TIki. Idk how well it would work as my WAR onry 9 or summin but when u see Bon being BJ would Retaliate help like the Dusk. If if does ull be soooooo slow u should be harmless Razz We shall see lol
Back to top Go down
https://tnfols.forumotion.com
Akkrin
Linkshell Leader
Akkrin

PostSubject: Re: Long-Armed Chariot (LAC)   Long-Armed Chariot (LAC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:34 pm

<<<Akk also manni when you seen bon get BJ rather than {run away} can just swap to a club or summin useless so if you do hit it will be for fug all lol

and im sure a pld/nin would be able to retain hate with flash and curing themselfs and the DD's

but lets face it if we gonna be able to be 80 in there this is all for nothing cause im sure we can rape it at 80
Back to top Go down
https://tnfols.forumotion.com
Keishiki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Long-Armed Chariot (LAC)   Long-Armed Chariot (LAC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:56 pm

Nah Akk, I digress on that point about pld/nin.. flash wouldnt create a huge hate spike like voke, and curing, you'd have to wait til someone actually gets hit to cure them lol... so hate would still be shakey at start, and the pld will prolly end up just bouncing hate with the DDs. I'm not saying pld/nin is not a good tank, but its just not cut out for a time-restricted event like salvage because they need time to build some decent hate. Especially for LAC, its even worse, by the time the pld/nin builds enough hate > BJ > hate reset.

Least Hate---------------------------------Most Hate
mnk/nin---------------pld/nin--------------pld/war
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long-Armed Chariot (LAC)   Long-Armed Chariot (LAC) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Long-Armed Chariot (LAC)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2