TheNewFantasyOrder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy Linkshell Forum for fun, friends and excitement

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fiat Lux - Campaign Op

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Manning
Admin
Manning

Fiat Lux - Campaign Op Empty
PostSubject: Fiat Lux - Campaign Op   Fiat Lux - Campaign Op EmptySun May 02, 2010 4:16 pm

Want a reason to get the highest Allied Campaign medal?

Fiat Lux is that reason. A compaign Op selectable with the Medal of Altana ∮∮∮∮, and the mission is to kill the Shadow Lord. All nations can choose the Op, and and is the same for all nations.

Doesn't sound all too difficult, has been won by many parties of 6 not to different from xp party setups.

The rewards are great

Fiat Lux - Campaign Op Hecate%27s_Cape
Fiat Lux - Campaign Op Nightfall_item
Fiat Lux - Campaign Op Nocturnushelm
Fiat Lux - Campaign Op Nocturnus_Mail
Tiercel Necklace - Haste +1% "Subtle Blow" +5 Lv. 74 MNK / THF / BST / RNG / NIN / BLU /
COR / PUP / DNC

Also expensive drops such as
Imperial Wootz Ingot
Fire ore
Wind ore

And some not so expensive things.

To be able to do the mission, you need Medal Of Altana ∮∮∮∮ and Beaucedine Glacier (S), Xarcabard (S),
Castle Zvahl Baileys (S) and Castle Zvahl Keep (S) under Allied control (any nations).

As its going at the moment, it can be undertaken every 2 weeks, as bestmen seem to gain control again after a week of the Allies having it, so there's no immediate rush. An hour or so of campaign battle every day, or every other day can do wonders towards your next evaluation for a new medal.

For more info on Fiat Lux, wiki is your friend.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Lux

Don't hesitate to post your desire to do this, if and when you have the highest medal.
Back to top Go down
Akkrin
Linkshell Leader
Akkrin

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Lux - Campaign Op   Fiat Lux - Campaign Op EmptyMon May 03, 2010 1:39 am

This looks uber it really does and looks like a whole load of fun im very interested but i gotta do more CB ill post when i have a Medal of Altana ∮∮∮∮, really looking forward to this.

PS. COME CB WITH ME I KNOW I FAIL BUT I NEED TO DO IT .... LOL

Last edited by Akkrin on Mon May 03, 2010 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Back to top Go down
https://tnfols.forumotion.com
Tiki
Admin
Tiki

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Lux - Campaign Op   Fiat Lux - Campaign Op EmptyMon May 03, 2010 2:55 am

I too havent got the medal required, but I swear I'm working on it >< I'd really like that cape some day Smile
Back to top Go down
Homero

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Lux - Campaign Op   Fiat Lux - Campaign Op EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:23 pm

Akk.........your avatar is disturbing......

and yeah, im interested in this, i want the sword, and the mail, well, the head piece also, let's just get this done
ill try to do more campaign, anyone doing campaign ops? lets do those also
Back to top Go down
Manning
Admin
Manning

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Lux - Campaign Op   Fiat Lux - Campaign Op EmptyMon May 31, 2010 5:56 pm

I just did this with a pick-up party, and suprsingly, it was pretty easy.

Setup

WAR/NIN <-ME
WAR/NIN
DRK/NIN
WHM/???
RDM/WHM
BRD/WHM (I think)

We buffed outside as they carry on in, (including TP).

For the fight, the BRD used Advancing March and Victory March on the melee, and Carnage Elegy on the Shadow Lord.

The melee stood at the bottom of the stairs in the arena, and the mages at the top and we just basicly started hitting it, bouncing hate between the three melee, any of us hardly taking much damage, pretty much every attack/ability can be absorbed by nin shadows.

The only moves we had to look out for was a spawn clone move where SL spawned clones of himself. To deal with this the BRD would cast Diaga on the SL and sac pull the clones over to the other side of the arena. The clones then despawn when the BRD died, BRD rerasied and continued as normal. However this move can be stunned, our DRK only missed while casting shadows or doing a ws, and as far as i'm aware all his other moves can be stunned if timed right, but we mostly saved for the clone move.

The other nasty move he had was a aoe doom/curse move, which can be removed by Holy Water, unfortuanly mine had no effect for some reason, and I snuffed it at around 10%, the others were fine though and continued on. That was the only time I took damage of any time (it just also killed me Sad ).

Two other moves of note are Soma Wall which causes him to absorb physical damage for HP, so turn away when he uses it. The other is Spell Wall whioch absorbs magical damage for HP, so no spell casting on him and no skillchains from WS. He has purple orbs on his chest and arms, while these moves are active they turn bright pink/purple so its easy to judge when its safe to attack again.

He does change from one sword to two swords every now and then, this resets hate for everyone and he uses some different moves, but those I already noted are the main ones to look out for, his others are just single damage or cone attacks, usually doing several hundred dmg it they hit (with shadows down) but cure was never far away.

Straight foward to wittle him down, we just hit away at him, ws freely, used 2hrs freely, turned during Soma Wall, got hate fast after weapon change, it went really well. The only thing odd I did note was the randomness of the damage he took. Using a GA, one swing would do 110+ dmg, another would do 70ish, then over 100 again then single digits, sometimes even 0, even though he wasn't using any moves. Most of my ws did around 100-200 dmg, only a few got around 300+.

Apart from me dying from Doom, everyone else was fine and we won, I didn't time it but it took about 15 mins give or take a min or two.

Drops were shit.

Hecate's Cape
Reign Grip
Mohagany Log <-mine Sad

Felt bad going without you guys but I really wanted the experiance, hope it will help when we all get to do it.

Edit: Oh yeh, the only bad thing about this was the 3pt instance limit on the arena, we waited about 1 hour 45 mins to get in. We got there 11th in an ordely queue to go in.
Back to top Go down
Dazor

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Lux - Campaign Op   Fiat Lux - Campaign Op EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:05 pm

i'm in i'll do 73>75 BLU in CB so i can get medal
Back to top Go down
Tiki
Admin
Tiki

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Lux - Campaign Op   Fiat Lux - Campaign Op EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:27 pm

Don't feel bad. I'm still 2 medals away so doesnt look good for me to be able to go during this weeks conquest. Thats pretty lame about the waiting thing ><
Back to top Go down
Manning
Admin
Manning

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Lux - Campaign Op   Fiat Lux - Campaign Op EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:33 pm

I'm gunna keep my eyes open for another during the week to get another under my belt, maybe see how a different setup works and if the wait queue is a little slack after a few days.
Back to top Go down
Manning
Admin
Manning

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Lux - Campaign Op   Fiat Lux - Campaign Op EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:51 pm

Had another run today, and totally buggered up.

Quite different this time.

WAR/NIN <-Me
SAM/NIN
BLU/NIN
BRD/WHM
WHM/SCH
RDM/WHM

They said i'll be main tank, fine with that. SL hits slow, even slow enough for Ichi to cast if he has slow and carnage elegy on him. Not too long of a wait this time, bout an hour or so, would have been quicker if leader didn't decide to eat dinner while we were waiting. Anyway we went in, as with the other party, BRD was to sac the clones, and rdm would back him up if he missed or was already dead.

We started, fight was going fine, I managed to keep hate most of the time, although the SAM was taking it and keeping it for some periods. I was mainly fullish hp all the time yellow a couple of times he he sneaked a move while my shadows were down.

As far as I'm aware, Head Butt does land, but is not as reliable as Stun, regardless, I went over what logs I could see from the fight, and I didn't see the BLU use Head Butt once and throughout the fight I didn't notice any of SL's abilities being stunned, they were all getting through.

We got him to about 75% before he used his first clone move, BRD was quick, but unfortualy diaga only landed on one clone, he pulled the clone away and died, but the other ran rampent for a good few secs, I died, SAM died and BLU died, dunno how but other clone was dealt with eventually, but during the turmoil the whm got hit aswell and died, full wipe.

Seems after a wipe, the top of the stairs and the entarnce are safe, we all some how managed to get at either of the two to raise and rest. SL regens to full, so we're back to square one. We go at it again after the rest, eventually he used spawn shadows again, this time the BRD nailed them both and sac'ed them. Unfortuately before the BRD could get back up and use RR again, SL used clones again, RDM didn't seem to deal with them at all from my perspective and they ran rampant, it goes a bit hazy here, I was trying to stay alive.

*Before fight ldr told us to turn away when SL used spawn clones, so we dont get clone hate. I ca nsay for a fact we didn't do this in my other run and everything was fine*

On all spawn shadows I did as leader said, and turned, however from what I could see from logs the SAM (ldr) was very slow to turn around and the blu didn't, the blu was even running around the SL while the clones were still rampant. I have no idea if turning help or not, from my first experience attacking the SL while clones are out didn't matter, the second time was a complete cluster F*** so I can't really confirm it.

I didn't have time to rr again from raising and dying again too quick, but whm raised and R3'ed me, then we timed out.

The ldr mainly put it down to bad luck on first clone sac, and DD not turning quick enough or at all when clones spawned (i.e. the blu). I found the blu to be lackluster, didn't use head butt enough or at all, didn't really get a look at the damage output either.

SAM was pretty good, did have alot of hate and seemed to hold its own untill I could get hate back, all strats on wiki say SAM and WAR excell for DD/tank/emergency tank in this.

So in all, I think it woudl have gone better if the blu stunned stuff espeically clone spawns, I dont know the effectiveness of blu, but i'm sure a few would have landed, certainly missed the drk I had the other time.

*Got there about 3pm GMT, 7-ish parties infront of us, but they wittled down relatively fast, hour-ish wait +10 mins for ldr to eat dinner when it was our turn*

Last edited by Manning on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Manning
Admin
Manning

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Lux - Campaign Op   Fiat Lux - Campaign Op EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 12:25 am

3rd run

WAR/NIN <- (me) Main tank
SAM/NIN
SAM/NIN
RDM/WHM
RDM/WHM
WHM/SCH

WIN

Ok another win under my belt, it was nowhere near as straight forward as the first time, but it got the job done. Same ldr as before, but using experienced people this time, and people he knew (3 of em from same dyna ls as me).

We basicly had a main rdm sac for the clones, the other backup if the 1st was down or one missed. This time he never missed and sac'ed sussesfully each time. Was an instance where both had to sac cus he uses the move back to back, but it was went pretty well. We also did have our backs turned/disengaged when he spawned clones, still dont know if it makes a difference but meh, when in Rome.

Only downside to this was it seemed the SL was never slowed or not so much as I could notice it, I did die once when he was hitting me with two swords, with NI down and Ichi not having enough time to cast between hits. Was ok though, kemp out cool , I instantly got back up, ran to the side and stayed out the way a little while he two SAM's bounced hate. While still weak, ran in to voke after SL changed his weapons to keep any hate from mages, the SAM took hate from me pretty quick so I could continue resting up.

It took longer than my first win, but its probably because I was out of action for a while, and the 2nd SAM died once, not sure how, I guess he got hit hard with shadows down. He was also clever and used Soma Wall (absorb physical) first when 1 SAM 2hr, then again when myself and the other SAM 2hr (around 30% hp). He also regained approx 1200 hp when 2nd SAm did a late ws after he used Soma Wall, also the odd one or two hits that helped him on other Soma wall occasions.

Shit drops again.

Tiercel Necklace
Reign grip (again) <-mine
Petrified Log <-mine....what is it with me and wood... Rolling Eyes

I'm gunna keep doing em while I can, I still got the nervous shakes before the fight and when it went a bit choppy, seriously thought I was gunna have a heart attack.

Also for the record, we got to throne room about 12:15am GMT, and there was 1 pt infront of us, I guess thats the dead time.
Back to top Go down
Manning
Admin
Manning

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Lux - Campaign Op   Fiat Lux - Campaign Op EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:18 pm

WAR/NIN
WAR/NIN
DRK/NIN
SMN/SCH
RDM/WHM
RDM/WHM

Lose

Very short this was. Hate mainly bounced between me and the other war. Everything was going fine, but for some reason while he still had hate, the other war voked, then fired off a ws. He must have been close to shadows down too cus he took damaged quickly. I had not enough tp for ws, I voked but it did nothing, War snuffed it after taking a blighting Blitz from SL.

I took hate quickly and kept it for a few rounds, fenrir also took hate and it bounced between me and the pet for a bit. SL changed weapons and I voked to take hate from mages quickly, unfortualy my shadows were down and I got pummels, no cures came and I snuffed it.

We were just grasping at straws then, the DRK was shit, only saw him do a couple of ws and one of them was after me and the other war were brown bread, he only stunned after SL changed weapons, no attemps to stun any of his abilities, icing on the cake was the two RDM's jobs were to keep dia2 on SL, in the time between the firtst war dying and me dying, he cast Bio2 on him XD, was also the same guy who was the BLU in my other failed run.

Worst run so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Lux - Campaign Op   Fiat Lux - Campaign Op Empty

Back to top Go down

Fiat Lux - Campaign Op
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheNewFantasyOrder :: Linkshell News :: Linkshell News-
Jump to: