TheNewFantasyOrder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy Linkshell Forum for fun, friends and excitement

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Rule Idea

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bonaparte
Admin

New Rule Idea Empty
PostSubject: New Rule Idea   New Rule Idea EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 4:42 pm

Drama who needs it here's my idea of how i think it can be avoided in future.

Every gets to pick 1 item they want.

Akk being leader needs to make a list of items that are achievable with what we got- we choose our item from that list.

At next gather together for salvage we all random (tiki cant cuss she got 1 full piece:P) order is then made from top to bottom lot

every run will be to get the top lot their items until they got all 3

this continues till everyone has 1 full piece then we all pick another piece and random again

anyone joining new to salvage goes to bottom of lot order if 2-3 same time they can random but again we get them their 3 pieces b4 we can all pick again

if you are top lot and miss salvage we try get the next in lines piece on that day- when top lot comes back we carry on with their gear

We all good pals so i would assume no one would fuck off once they got their piece

I dont care where i end up with in lotting order it just be nice to see the team get items

Well thats my idea pls post what u think

Back to top Go down
Keishiki
Admin

New Rule Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rule Idea   New Rule Idea EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 2:58 pm

Quote :
Every gets to pick 1 item they want.

Akk being leader needs to make a list of items that are achievable with what we got- we choose our item from that list.

lol im confused there Bon, which we going with O.o? Do we pick an item, and see if its on the list made by Akk? Then again, I dont think its fair to keep pushing all the research to Akk and Tik even if Akk is the leader >< They already put in alot of time outside of FFXI organising the runs, planning the routes etc.. So I say screw the list making, just pick w/e we want and go for it heheh.

Also to add on to ur idea Bon, im thinking those who've completed their first item can start to pick their next item. We always try to maximise our runs, but as we finish more and more items for people, we may end up with a situation where we have to only try for one item per area, so it'd be kind of a waste. But if we have people with a second item on standby, we can do that at same time. Once we get the order, Akk can prolly rearrange that wishlist we already have in our Salvage topic in order, so everyone knows whos up next. So Tik would go right to the bottom, with her 2nd item.

<Name1>
<Item1> 15:X 25:X 35:X

<Name2>
<Item1> 15:X 25:X 35:X

Tiks
<Item2> 15: X 25:X 35:X

So next person who finishes theirs, will go below Tik. BUT once we finish item1 for everyone, we will still do a /random to decide the order for item2. QUESTION: Do you all think its unfair to start working on 2nd item in the same order as our initial /random, even though we will stilll do a /random later on to after everyone finishes their first item? Its like those who finish first get a headstart on their 2nd items. Personally, idc coz I want us to maximise each run, making sure we get at least 2 items per run.

To make sure we all on the same page, I've laid out a few scenarios and how I think we should go about them. But if u all think its unfair, we should try to work out a better solution Razz
Scenario1:
3 people with items in same area. So say we wanna get the 15 piece for Name1, Name2's 35 piece and Name3's 25 piece also drops from the same area. Although we try for 3 items per run, so far it hasnt been possible, so I'd say its only fair if we try for Name1 and Name2's items in the same run, 3rd item onry if time allows.

Scenario2:
Name1's item and Name3's item drop in same area, but Name2's item is in a different area. Obviously, then we'd get the items for Name1 and Name 3.

Scenario3:
Name1's item + 2 persons working on item2 in same area. We should go for Name1's item as first priority, and get the item2 for whoever comes first.

So in other words, we will use Name1's items as first priority for choosing which area we will run. Based on that area, the next highest person in the list with an item from the same area will be the 2nd item we go for in that run.

Back to top Go down
Bonaparte
Admin

New Rule Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rule Idea   New Rule Idea EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 5:51 am

aye sounds good kei only thing id say is that for second/third/forth/5 item or however many bits we eventually get i would say the person ranked 1 determines which area we go to so yes if we can we can go for other pieces in that area but they should be free lot for anyone who needs em still no priority on any piece till we all get 1 full set- does that make any sense hehe?
Back to top Go down
Keishiki
Admin

New Rule Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rule Idea   New Rule Idea EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 8:25 am

After some thinking, I'm having some second thoughts about this whole /random-ing business now.. If we only do /random once to decide an order, and we stick to that order, after awhile people may get bored and go "Not my turn again today, maybe I should just go out instead of going to Salvage" Might create another genre of drama then -> "he only comes when its his turn!!" It's like how people never turn up for Dyna runs when they know they dont need anything from the area that they're running on that day.

I've thought about /random-ing every week, but.. Akk needs to do research on the routes and all.. He wont have time for that if we only decide on the order at the very last min. If we do that, we gonna have to do research at our own time, find out how to get what we want, and be ready with it, can't expect Akk to know how get items for everyone off the top of his head. So thats kinda out..

So... I was thinking, if we arent *too* overly unhappy with the way Salvage is being run right now, we could continue this way for a few runs, see how it goes. If people still get this sense of unfairness, then could try the /random-ing, or maybe get a better idea on how to go about it then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Rule Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rule Idea   New Rule Idea Empty

Back to top Go down

New Rule Idea
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheNewFantasyOrder :: Salvage :: Salvage Talk-
Jump to: