TheNewFantasyOrder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy Linkshell Forum for fun, friends and excitement

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Leaving salvage!

Go down 
+3
Dazor
Manning
Niloca
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Niloca

Leaving salvage! Empty
PostSubject: Leaving salvage!   Leaving salvage! EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 5:10 pm

I'm sorry I have come to this conclusion, but I will not be joining you guys on any more runs, I have heard what happened on todays run, whats the point in having a list and an order of priority when you dont go by this. As you are all aware, I havent been happy on any of the runs, have fun, and keep to the rules otherwise other ppl will be dissapointed in you Akk
Back to top Go down
Manning
Admin
Manning

Leaving salvage! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving salvage!   Leaving salvage! EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 9:53 pm

I can see how you may feel. I'm sure Shu was dissapointed, but you gotta see it from another perspective.

That was our first LAC win, out of what half a dozen+ tries. Bon has been on all of them, Shu hasn't. Bon would be just as peed off if shu got the item. I'm also not sure where this priority thing is coming from either. If the listings of gear on the forum are in priority order, then why do I have one 2nd priority item and none on my 1st priority items?

Not to mention there was less than a minute to decide who gets the drop, certainly not much time for discussion at the time.

I know you both have a busy life, but you can't just turn up to a run once in a blue moon and expect to get what you want over someone who is there 100% of the time. We've been doing these runs for months now with lets be honest, little to show for it, yet we carry on and nobody else is bitching over it.

Anyway, we'll be doing LAC countless more times to get everyone their gear and theres gunna be more drops of that particular item.

I'm not sure why your blaming Akk either, we all rely on Akk to lead the runs, I dont see anyone else stepping forward to do so. I feel he's doing a top job. He may seem cold or even bossy? during runs, but all he's doing is getting cells to the people who need them most, its not about favourtism or being mean, its about being quick and efficeint to give us ample time to kill bad guys, considering we can barely string a pt of 6 together for a run in the first place, he's doing the best he can.

I'm not getting on at you, I just can't understand why the big deal over this. Should we have a point system and comment lots instead?
Back to top Go down
Dazor

Leaving salvage! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving salvage!   Leaving salvage! EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 12:07 am

well said Manni, Akk holds no blame in this.

This is all down to 30 seconds to place drop. All linkshells run on a attendance background, don't attend don't expect drops.
Back to top Go down
Shukiki

Shukiki

Leaving salvage! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving salvage!   Leaving salvage! EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 1:34 am

Utter Bollocks

Sorry we both work shifts, really i am, should we not? lose the house perhaps? we can't all live with mummy and daddy or leech off the state.

The order is the order, was my 1st choice item, and bons 3rd, end of. I got dicked outta an item because i have a rolling roster at work? nice one

And get this straight, you all don't beat LAC regularly, this was 1st win. not 10th, i ain't turning up for a sure thing, i liked to play with my pals and help out where i can. again, sorry for that, i really should have been more of a team player there and never turn up to work on a weekend. Pure favouriteism plain and simple. Yall feel free to kiss Akks arse all you want, doesn't mean the rules should go out the window cuz you all afraid of not being allowed to get those precious pixels ffs.

OMG you have a 2nd priority item and not a 1st because that's what dropped, bosses don't present you with a bloody menu and ask what you having for afters. Didn't realise i just had to ask Mee Deggi's butler nicely for the better drop jeez why didn't i think of that.
Furthermore, we already have a comment lot system, try looking under Announcement: Salvage Team topic and you'll see that even you have commented 3 final items. The fact you feel Bon deserved the drop shows you already have your own private points system does it not?

As for that minute to decide, i said at the time they were mine but the general attitude was fuck it, give em to Bon

I really wish you the very best in getting these oh so l33t items that only the very best of you seem to deserve.
Back to top Go down
Akkrin
Linkshell Leader
Akkrin

Leaving salvage! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving salvage!   Leaving salvage! EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 3:39 am

I can see why shu you are pissed and I do agree you should have got the drop its your 1st choice.

BUT, you turn up late and you cant blame me for not knowing your wish list off the top of my head when you turn up every now and again. I wish i did, but a high pressure choice with 30 seconds to go i had to pick some 1 i KNOW they were on the list... c'mon what you prefer me to look it up and they go to ground?

I know you work shifts and thats MORE than cool you come when you can. no1 is saying that omg he just turns up and wants gear thats not how it is.

its more of a w00t! we got summin good ok a mistake was made (BY MYSELF) and yes you missed out on it THIS time sadly, we will be going again it has nothing to do with priorty or favortism just trying to get ppl the right stuff

im very sorry you missed out on it and im sure everyone will make a real effort to get this item for you after all we are all friends arn't we?

as for kissing my ass well if that was the case then id having everything i wanted by now not running Salvage and taking my time to look it up and trying to work out how or if we can kill shit. its not like i turn up and just have a guess at it, i pour over web pages every week trying to work this out and id much rather give away the drops then take them myself.

again i am sorry a mistake was made but i am only human. i know we still want you and nilo to come to salvage but i did say to you right at the start this is gonna be a long ass thing gears not gonna drop in ya lap we all are working together and trying to have fun.

IF you really cant over look this and at least be happy for the team then id suggest salvage isn't for you guys we love having you come but if your gonna go away every week feeling you are not enjoying it then none of us want to put you through that. =/
Back to top Go down
https://tnfols.forumotion.com
Keishiki
Admin

Leaving salvage! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving salvage!   Leaving salvage! EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:15 am

I'm gonna try to be neutral here.

First off, I'd like to point out we're not distributing stuff on a points/attendence basis like ur typical endgame shell. Its why we havent set up a points system. We're a social LS, we wanna have fun while getting people their gear. Please just think of it as helping each other out as a LS, dont get so caught up in "I come for runs more than everyone else, I should have priority" or any of that. I'm sure we dont think this when we help the LS with other stuff -> "I'm always helping people in LS to camp NMs/AFs/missions etc, so everyone should drop what they're doing to help ME when I need stuff" So its the same for Salvage.

Shu/Nil, I know you're trying ur best to attend every run u can, albeit late sometimes, so I get that you'd be upset if people harp on about how u dont attend runs enough when ur already trying ur best. So guys, try to put urselves in their shoes, ur attending every run u get a chance to, and yet people say u dont attend enough, u'd be upset too right? So really, just because they cant attend every run due to RL commitments doesnt put them on a lesser priority for gear. So please try to look past this whole attendence thing. I'm sure we dont want to turn into an endgame LS that only makes use of each other for gear, and leave the LS when we get what we want =/

Yes Akk made a mistake on the distribution. I can understand why Shu would be upset, and he has every right to be, tbh, I would be too. BUT Akk has admitted to the mistake. Akk is only human, it happens. Cant expect him to know what everyone wants in what priority off the top of his head, makes it even worse when hes all stressed out with under a min left to distribute items. Hell he was even doubtful we had enough time to finish off LAC, so that win was really unexpected. And Shu, I'm afraid u gonna have to be more blunt next time if ur certain the item *should* go to u Razz Certainly didnt occur to me that u had it on first priority when u asked where Usu feet drops from Razz

Also Shu/Nil, there's no favouritism/bias >< If Akk had favourites, he wouldnt be skipping my NM next time we do Zhayolm remnants >< (Just a reminder Akk, in case u forgot I still got morri hands on my list Razz)

All in all, what I'm trying to say is, noone deserves something more than anyone else, we're all putting time and effort into this. Sure some of us put in more than others, its for the sake of the team, no strings attached. We dont take one for the team and go "I just sac for the team, I should get top priority" And last night was nothing more than a mistake, so stop reading so much into it and please forgive Akk >< We will get gear for everyone, and we will definitely do LAC again and again, and die as many times as we have to as a team, til everyone gets what they want Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bonaparte
Admin

Leaving salvage! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving salvage!   Leaving salvage! EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 9:18 am

1 there is no order we all have 3 items to pick no priority was eva mentioned when i picked mine

2 you think its fair that i have been on many many more runs than shu but if he got boots yesterday we woulda had same amount of items?

3 if roles had been reversed i would have happily let shu get the boots

4 maybe better if u guys dont come all you seem to to is bitch about it

5 greed and jealously ruin this game i thought of u as a friend shu why couldnt you just be happy one of us got item - not like we were not doing it again instead of souring what was a happy moment our first LAC win

end

Back to top Go down
Niloca

Leaving salvage! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving salvage!   Leaving salvage! EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 9:35 am

Were notl like you guys that can turn up every weekend i know you understand but,we were told of a priotity list so thats what we went by, we are glad you got something out of it bona not denying that at all, were not jealous, its just we wont get chances like the rest of you do to get items, i mean look at the missions lvls and other stuff you lot have done over us? were way way behind as you can see our work patterns just dont work for ff, now i love the game as it was my life 3 yrs ago as it was ff > life seriously was that bad that i wanted to be the hume so i didnt have to suffer in real life, now all i said was that im leaving salvage and its ended up with essays replied, now i know i mentioned what hapened in that message about shu and ak but hat was my opinion. i love my job, and we dont get as mny chances as you lot do, plus shu only finished work at 12:30 what do you expect him to race home and get fined no, he at least made the effort to come albeit late..
Back to top Go down
Dazor

Leaving salvage! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving salvage!   Leaving salvage! EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 10:46 am

editied what i said. it doesn't help

general gist of what i said - don't call me a leech

Last edited by Dazor on Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Manning
Admin
Manning

Leaving salvage! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving salvage!   Leaving salvage! EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:02 am

Nobody is debating the fact you guys work busy scheledules, wouldn't have mentioned it if you didn't.

Nobody should really be complaining that bon get the item over anyone one else, akk has admitted the mistake, snap descision that I guess was wrong because there IS some priority to our lists afterall.

I guess we all kiss ass too and everything is based on favourtism, thats why I only have one item from one of my choices, and we do LAC over and over which doesn't drop any item for any of my choices, if thats the case, i'm just as low in the pecking order.
Back to top Go down
Bonaparte
Admin

Leaving salvage! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving salvage!   Leaving salvage! EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:19 am

no priority we all get 3 items some will get before others because of the types of mobs that we can fight atm simple as that and think about this- baak started yesterday if he had put feet down first and got em how pissed would shu be then?

and manni u at the bottom of the pecking order below the scum that gathers in an old kettle.
Back to top Go down
Niloca

Leaving salvage! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving salvage!   Leaving salvage! EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:21 am

Looks like we know who our friends are, dropped shell too, good luck in what you do, cant believe you bon, we were happy but seriously we WERE told that we had to put them in order of what we wanted first to last. And to be honest from day one of salvage ive been moody, thats who i am, but i moan for good reasons half the time
Back to top Go down
Manning
Admin
Manning

Leaving salvage! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving salvage!   Leaving salvage! EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 2:08 pm

Bonaparte wrote:

and manni u at the bottom of the pecking order below the scum that gathers in an old kettle.

WHOA higher than I thought I was Smile

Common guys, you really leaving LS over this, salvage is one thing we do and we dont agree on it, does that have to mess everything up?
Back to top Go down
Keishiki
Admin

Leaving salvage! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving salvage!   Leaving salvage! EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:12 am

This isnt to anyone in particular. The way we do Salvage was never fair right from the start, from the day we decided NOT to have a points/attendance system. It was one of the term & conditions in fine print, and we all joined knowing this. Poink did mention that it was gonna cause some drama, but we decided to go for it anyway. Do I think its unfair? Well it prolly isnt the most ideal way of going about it. Am I unhappy with it? Never. Why? We just wanted an event where the LS can get together and do something together, help each other, getting gear was more like a bonus. Point is, u can bring as many people as u want to Salvage, not like Nyzul where u can only bring 6, and others get left out. At the same time, it doesnt need truckloads of people like Dyna to actually get something, which is good for those days where not many people turn up. We are not an endgame shell, we do not want people to come to salvage eyeing items/gear and competing with each other. We want people to come to salvage because they wanna hang out with the LS and have fun. Naive? Prolly... But I believed it was possible with friends.

When Akk asked for the 3 pieces of gear in the order which we want, I'm pretty sure he meant priority for urself, not in LS. So if I want marduk head, legs and body in that order, it means I would like to get head first (vs legs or body). If someone else has marduk head as 2nd choice, it certainly dont mean that I have priority over them simply because head is my first choice. If it drops, both of us should be able to lot it. As to whether the other person wants to pass and let me have it because I have it as my first choice, thats entirely up to that person. All I can say is, pls think of whats best for the team. The priority is simply so that Akk knows which item means more to u, so we can work towards that for u first. Then again, we have to understand that we aim to get 2-3 pieces of gear each run, so we may not always end up getting the first priority item for everyone.

Shu/Nil, Akk has admitted he made a mistake, and he has apologised. Whats happened has happened, there's nothing we can do to turn back time. But we can try to make up for it, be it in Salvage or with other stuff. But if u leave LS, then we won't get that chance.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leaving salvage! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving salvage!   Leaving salvage! Empty

Back to top Go down

Leaving salvage!
Page 1 of 1