TheNewFantasyOrder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy Linkshell Forum for fun, friends and excitement

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How To Post a Screenshot

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Manning
Admin
Manning

How To Post a Screenshot Empty
PostSubject: How To Post a Screenshot   How To Post a Screenshot EmptyFri May 07, 2010 8:17 am

Posting a screenshot is fairly easy, and i'm going to tell you how its done.

There are multiple ways of getting your memorable moments posted up on the forum for everyone to see.
The easiest way I feel to do this is using image hosting software available on this forum.

When you have an image taken from the game and saved on your compluter, simpy start a topic, write whatever you want to write, and when you want to add your image, click this icon -> How To Post a Screenshot Hostbu10 <- Its is bam smack in the middle of the toolbar under where you write your topic title.

Pressing that button will pop up the image hosting gizmo. (below)
How To Post a Screenshot Upload10

Using this handy piece of kit you have the option of either uploading an image from your own pc or enter a link to an image that your have hosted elsewhere on the web. Its recommened that if you dont already have the image hosted somewhere else, you'll need to upload the image from your pc, to do this, make sure you check the 'FILE' option, then click the 'BOWSE' button on the uploader. This will pop up your own directory from your pc. Rummage through your pc's directory and find the image you wish to host, once you have found it, double click it.
Doing this will close your directory window and text will appear in the text field telling the uploader where to to find the image from your pc.

Next, click the small black arrow (pointing down) on the dropdown box next to wher it says 'Resize Image' and select No, This will prevent you image being resized when its uploaded. When your happy your ready to upload your image, click the 'Host it' botton at the bottom of the uploader, and wait a few moments. After your image has uploaded, the uploader window will change and show you three different text boxes.

The top box contains the link to your image in a thumbnail link form (a small image in your post, and will link to the full size image when clicked). <-- recommened

The middle box contains the link to your image in its true form (It will be full size in your post)

The last box simply contains the hotlink, it will link your image in text form (no picture) in your post, clicking it will direct you to the image in full size.

All you need to do, is select how you want the image to be shown in your post, and copy the text from on of the three boxes, and paste the text in you post. The uploader will not dissapear at this point, to get rid of it, simply click the Preview button for the post to see what your post will look like with the added image.

Simply rinse and repeat if you wish to post multiple screenshots in your posts.

Last edited by Manning on Sat May 08, 2010 6:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bonaparte
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How To Post a Screenshot   How To Post a Screenshot EmptyFri May 07, 2010 6:37 pm

Nice guide bud - but tell me how the f u take a pic in the first place and where does it store it in pc?? affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Manning
Admin
Manning

PostSubject: Re: How To Post a Screenshot   How To Post a Screenshot EmptyFri May 07, 2010 8:13 pm

oh what a ficko!

lol!

No idea if your on xbox, I guess if you use a keyboard, its the same as on pc, press the Print Screen/SysRq key. Its usually located at the top right hand side of a keyboard above the number pad.

If your using no third party software (i.e. Windower), the pic will save into a folder in your POL launcher, you have to log out and go on the pol menu where it says Saved files, POL will then load your screenshots, and you can save them to your pc, I assume they save in your POL folder on your pc, or in the main pctures folder.

If your using windower, it will save into your windower folder (where ever you have it installed), go into it and ther will be a screenshot folder.

Last I checked, taking screenshots running the game from the standard launcher (no windower), the screenshots get sized down, and I think theres a limit to how many you can take, but if you screenshot using windower, they will retain their normal size and you can take as many as you want.
Back to top Go down
Tiki
Admin
Tiki

PostSubject: Re: How To Post a Screenshot   How To Post a Screenshot EmptySat May 08, 2010 2:47 am

Just adding, that for me anyway, to take a screenshot you use this key ]
and this key [
and this key again ]
I dont think u need to press em all but I really dont know, I get press happy.

When retrieving the pictures from POL, i've always just emailed them to myself.
Back to top Go down
Keishiki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How To Post a Screenshot   How To Post a Screenshot EmptySat May 08, 2010 3:35 am

Geez Tik, thats one complicated keyboard u got there D: Maybe its coz u playing on a laptop? You could try looking at your Windower scripts, and see which key is for taking screenshots.
Back to top Go down
Michaelxx

Michaelxx

PostSubject: Re: How To Post a Screenshot   How To Post a Screenshot EmptySat May 08, 2010 9:08 am

on xbox you take a picture by pressing the back button then hold down right trigger and then to snap picture press right button above the trigger, getting them to my comp is a different story though when i figure it out ill let you know Smile
Back to top Go down
Manning
Admin
Manning

PostSubject: Re: How To Post a Screenshot   How To Post a Screenshot EmptySat May 08, 2010 10:09 am

Michaelxx wrote:
on xbox you take a picture by pressing the back button then hold down right trigger and then to snap picture press right button above the trigger, getting them to my comp is a different story though when i figure it out ill let you know Smile

Can prolly use a usb flash drive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To Post a Screenshot   How To Post a Screenshot Empty

Back to top Go down

How To Post a Screenshot
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheNewFantasyOrder :: Videos, Music and Fun :: Screenshots-
Jump to: