TheNewFantasyOrder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy Linkshell Forum for fun, friends and excitement

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hiya! Hows it goin?

Go down 
+3
Manning
Keishiki
Dazor
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dazor

Hiya! Hows it goin? Empty
PostSubject: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:54 pm

Hi Guys,

I apologise for my random departure! Life got a bit crazy after that xmas! You guys still on FFxi? I've been thinking about restarting my sub or trying out FFXIV. I'm playing SW: TOR atm but it leaves me feeling empty!

Hope all is well

Daz
Back to top Go down
Keishiki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptySat May 05, 2012 5:32 am

Hiya Daz, good to have u back XD Was wondering where u gone off to... Anyway, we're all kinda scattered atm, but I'm sure we'll regroup again on FFXIV! And it'll be just like the good ol times.
Pretty sure Bon, W and Tsar are still on FFXI (I stalk them on FFXIAH, shhh dont tell them), Tik, Akk and I are on Rift, and we'll be moving to FFXIV once its out on PS3. Manni, Homero and Mike are already on FFXIV, no idea which server they're on though, it got a lil confusing during the server merge and I got lost somewhere in the posts. If u do intend to get on FFXIV, u should check out the thread, I'm sure there was some mention of which server they finally got on lol. Or maybe Manni, Homero or Mike could just reply here Razz
Back to top Go down
Manning
Admin
Manning

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:47 pm

Hey Daz, nice to hear from you.

I haven't played FFXIV since I started subscribing......go figure. Just been playing non mmo's lately. Will be trying TERA in a couple of days.

FFXIV info thread -> https://tnfols.forumotion.com/t93-some-general-info

Back to top Go down
Homero

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:44 am

Hey Daz, yeah, kei is right, we kinda all just scattered but hopefully we all do end up on FF XIV soon, and everything will be back to normal, PS3 release is not far off, it's right around the corner!
but yeah, if you decide to try FFXIV, me and mike and manni are on "Masamune" server, manni doesnt play right now, but me and mike do, so if and when you do get on to FF, just send me a /tell
@ Auerlius Leonide, i have a nice in deep need of members little ls already made up! lol

Oh btw though, bad news, and im sure thehy will fix this though, they have suspended character creation on our server due to it filling up, but again, this is just temporary, so hopefully when you
get ready to join , it will be fixed! anyways, hope to see you on! ciao!
Back to top Go down
Dazor

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:23 pm

oh noes! My copy is in the post for tomorrow :/ Is there a buddy pass system like 11?

Not convinced my pc will run it, we'll see. If not i will go ps3 version
Back to top Go down
Dazor

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptyTue May 08, 2012 8:32 pm

How is job balance in ffxiv? I am really interested in playing a Dragoon this time round.
Back to top Go down
Akkrin
Linkshell Leader
Akkrin

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 12:31 pm

Hey Daz good to seeya mate, as ppl have already said we are all a little over the place, me tik n kei are in Rift atm its not bad but its no FF. Homero and mike are playing 14 the lucky bastards. manni is in tera but yeah the genral idea is as soon as ps3 release of 14 is out we will all come back to FF (and i cant FN wait).

btw Homero i see you say ps3 release is close are you just saying that or you know summin?

anyway talk to you all soon, again glad ya back Daz and hopefully will see you in a game, any game soon cya Smile
Back to top Go down
https://tnfols.forumotion.com
Homero

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 2:36 pm

Daz, at this present time, there is not a buddy system on XIV like there was in XI, but im sure with time, they will implement something like that.
right now they are doing something called the legacy and welcome back campaign, but that is for existing and former players. new players
would not benifit from it. But yeah, not very good right now that you have to have a pretty good pc to run XIV Sad, but later with the release of
version 2.0, they are suppose to fix that where lower end pc's will be able to run it at a comfortable level, they will implement a new graphics
engine that suppose to keep the great graphics that it has now, as for job balance, i would have to say that at this present time, the job balance
still like XI unfortunatly, people still favor jobs over others and that many times, screws you out of getting into parties and what not, i think DRG is
much more improved on this game though, i think it does much more damage, but..one drawback is you dont have a wyvern to follow you around
everywhere, and that sucks, there is talk to bringing back the wyvern, and i hope they do, but at the cost of lowering the power of the current DRG :/,
that's gonna suck, i leveled DRG, i enjoy it, and im not saying people dont invite you period, just makes it more difficult then with other jobs, you know,
just like XI,

Akk lol, to me it seems it's just around the corner, gotta be optimistic ! :p, september is PS3 beta version release and you guys can start playing it at
that time, it will be 2,0 content at that time, and im just saying, september not too far off , at least not to me :p, it will be here before we know it , seeing
as time moves so quickly!
Back to top Go down
Akkrin
Linkshell Leader
Akkrin

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 3:01 pm

kk cool yeah september isnt far at all Smile im gonna have to start srsly looking at how im gonna get onto ps3 beta test never know my be fully released by Xmas (i doubt it but yeah optimistic) lets hope Smile
Back to top Go down
Homero

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 3:18 pm

well here is the thing Akk, even though it is beta version , and not the final version, i'm fairly positive that it will be much more playable then
the beta version that i played on PC when the game was first released, that beta version sucked so bad, it was horrible, i could not stand
playing it, but im confident with this 2.0 beta release, it will be much different, and you will actually like it and get things rolling with
your char and what not, bottom line, it will be enjoyable, and it should keep you entertained until the final 2.0 version is released!
4 months is not far at all!
Back to top Go down
Dazor

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:10 am

installed got into port at Limsa and then they did a Fking maint.....FML
Back to top Go down
Homero

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:41 am

Daz, what server did you get onto? whats your char name?
Back to top Go down
Dazor

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 8:10 pm

Excalibur and my name is Dazor Ares
Back to top Go down
Dazor

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 2:05 pm

Well first impressions are good, its got me still playing at least!

Although i'm not liking the lack of an exp party dynamic, i really enjoyed this in XI Sad Am level 23 Lancer atm. The cap on leve quests pisses me off a bit aswell. Plus why is there no Auction house???

I miss friends on it atm thats what makes a game really.. so hurry up eh?
Back to top Go down
Akkrin
Linkshell Leader
Akkrin

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptyTue May 15, 2012 1:39 pm

well Daz me, tik n kei are still waiting for ps3. but if you were to move server masamune you can play with homero and mike possably manni aswell, glad you liking it i cant wait to get there bloody SE taking forever for ps3 /slap them
Back to top Go down
Dazor

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptyTue May 15, 2012 5:07 pm

currently no way to transfer to Masamune or create on that server as its full Sad Otherwise i would be there.
Back to top Go down
Homero

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptySun May 20, 2012 1:36 pm

that's good that you liking XIV Daz, on this FF, you really dont start getting invited to exp pt's until like lv 30, kind of like on XI, you could start getting invited
like around level 10, guess since you can solo so much more on XIV, i guess this is the reason, and lancer job, well, hate to tell you but DRG job on
XIV still discriminated against, just like on XI lol! they dont like to use DRG for anything :/, PLD also faces same discrimination, hopefully they will fix
this on 2.0, SE just doesnt seem to learn , and it's disappointing to me, but yeah, when you start pt'ng a lot, you will like it more, to bad your on a different
server as me and mike and mani, Masamune server is still full atm, not sure if SE plans to fix that later on, hopefully so, if not, we all gonna have to
move to a server we can all play on in the end somehow...
Back to top Go down
Manning
Admin
Manning

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptySun May 20, 2012 3:41 pm

I would imagine servers to become open again upon release of 2.0, still waiting with baited breath to see what they will do with PS3 users in terms of server usage.
Back to top Go down
Dazor

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptyMon May 21, 2012 2:08 pm

tbh i'm only doing DRG for the badass AF. Level37 now but i am thinking of doing WHM next, maybe BLM.
Back to top Go down
Tiki
Admin
Tiki

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:26 am

Hello Daz, welcome back. As mentioned by Akk, we will do 14 when PS3 version comes out. Not playing too much atm coz we are busy with some RL things so prolly good that we play Rift which is kinda boring and doesnt make you want to play it very much Razz
Back to top Go down
Dazor

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:49 pm

Just hit 50 and have full DRG AF now, dunno why people complain about 14 its awesome
Back to top Go down
Akkrin
Linkshell Leader
Akkrin

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:07 am

decent sounds like its gripping enough.... all though from what ive seen you posting you've been playing bout 4 weeks or so and already got drg to 50 with Full AF i understand that if you really smash out your exp that is quite long but seems to me that playing a new game where everything is new how it works is new and can already get a job to end lvl does that mean its a lil easy to exp? or the lvls arnt too long? hope not thats what i liked most about XI was it was FN hard to get to end lvl, well in the days b4 abby and smn/mana burns.
Back to top Go down
Homero

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:13 am

akk, exp points, exp pt and the such are much faster on XIV then XI, so you will miss that part about XI, actually, many things are much easier,
like crafting is also easier, everything just doesnt take as long anymore, gil making is easier also, i guess XIV is like the new XI
from nowadays, but it's still fun, dont get me wrong, you will like it , there is plenty of stuff to do now, you wont get bored i dont guess
Back to top Go down
Dazor

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptyMon May 28, 2012 10:01 am

It is definately alot faster paced than XI, but it still holds the group and community feel. It still takes full groups to acomplish the harder stuff but there is also things for the casual player to do.

The storyline holds alot of promise and i hope Version 2 will be fruitfull in that respect. I love that you can change jobs by just changing your weapon and if you have a solid group of friends provided you level a diverse range of jobs you can suit your group for many different scenarios and if its not working people can switch round.

I was doing the final DRG AF fight last night with only one tank and we were sucking hard. So one of the WHM's switched to WAR and tanked the add and it was a cake walk.

The game is very reminiscent of XI in may respects just paced faster.
Back to top Go down
Michaelxx

Michaelxx

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:20 pm

hey Daz, glad to see you are liking 14, ive been reminiscing of childhood memories playing phantasy star online (blueburst) lately on a private server schthack, its pretty fun if anyones bored only thing is its only online and there servers are normally down night/early morning EST time, i havent been on ffxiv for any long periods of time lately been wanting to lv some crafts, but cant bring myself to the grindstone lol, also discovered and watched all 5 seasons of the big bang theory :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hiya! Hows it goin?   Hiya! Hows it goin? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hiya! Hows it goin?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next