TheNewFantasyOrder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy Linkshell Forum for fun, friends and excitement

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some general info.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Manning
Admin
Manning

Some general info. Empty
PostSubject: Some general info.   Some general info. EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:12 pm

Gunna keep it brief and to the point for now, as i'm pretty sure i'm the only one playing it from this LS so far.

First steps to take is to see if you can actually run the game and since only he PC version is available so far, you may be limited unless you have a newish PC. The best way to see if your PC can run FFXIV is to try the official benchmark program. It's pretty much the same process of the FFXI bench, it gives your pc a score of how well it runs the game in during a cutscene played. You can find the benchmark from the official webite. I'm not sure if the region you select will make a difference.

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com

Another way is to use Can You Run It?, select Final Fantasy XIV from the drop down list, and it will scan your setup and determine if you pc can run the game, if not it will suggest what you need to do so. (prolly need JAVA or sommin to make it work).

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Everything you need to do from linking accounts, transferring names and so on is clearly explained in the game manual and on the website, so i'm not going to cover that, otherwise i'll just confuse you all, and this will be a very long post, just take your time and read through the whole process (explained in the manual) very carefully. I did it with no problems, so can you.

For lots of general and helpful info about the game, visit the Lodestone.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html

As for the PS3 release, the latest is that beta testing will begin sometime in Q4 2012 and release Q1 2013, I have no idea thus far how and when you will be able to sign up for beta testing and which parts of the world it will be open to.

Now to anyone from this LS who wants to continue playing with everyone here, please post the details of the server (world), starting city, and your character name, so you can join each other (assuming you want to) and we can all continue our journey in another realm (at some point).

Server/World: Palamecia (Transfer to Masamune pending)
Starting City: Ul'dah
Name: Manning Plavalaguna - Exotic indeed, if your wondering its in reference to my favourite anime character from my fave anime (First name) and my favourite film (surname) Orguss 02/The Fifth Element
Race: Midlander Male Hyur (Hume)

I'll leave it at that for now, i'm still very much learning the ropes myself at the moment so can't tell you much of the inner workings, but i'll try to answer any questions asked. In the meantime i'll post screenshots of vids every now and then.

If other players would be kind enough to add their details in this topic, we can all get a sense of who is who and what we're doing.

Last edited by Manning on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:10 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Akkrin
Linkshell Leader
Akkrin

Some general info. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some general info.   Some general info. EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:10 am

great post manni i cant wait to play even tho i prolly a long time away from actully doing tso wanna get all of 11 done^^ btw you made a typo in the catorgory description lol Razz
Back to top Go down
https://tnfols.forumotion.com
Manning
Admin
Manning

Some general info. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some general info.   Some general info. EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 3:11 pm

Updated this thread accordingly, please have a look through the first post for updated info.
Back to top Go down
Michaelxx

Michaelxx

Some general info. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some general info.   Some general info. EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 5:21 pm

Server/World: Selbina (Transfer to Masamune pending)
Starting City: Ul'dah
Name: Slayer Michaelxx
race: Miqo'te Seeker of the Sun
Back to top Go down
Michaelxx

Michaelxx

Some general info. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some general info.   Some general info. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 1:45 am

so just curious Mannings what lv you at? i just got to 25 thm and Homero is about to be 50 and unlocked paladin!! (congrats)
Back to top Go down
Manning
Admin
Manning

Some general info. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some general info.   Some general info. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 1:50 pm

Umm bout lvl 8 gladiator or whatever, many other games i'd rather play than this at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Homero

Some general info. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some general info.   Some general info. EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 2:54 pm

lol, i hear you, but i do have to say manni, the game is getting much better now
they brought old jobs back, and they have changed the feel of play to feel more like FFXI,
ill be honest, i don't get near as bored with the game anymore as i used to, i actually
played it all week during spring break, and got Paladin to lv 50, the storyline is getting
better also, you might want to give it a little more chance!
Back to top Go down
Michaelxx

Michaelxx

Some general info. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some general info.   Some general info. EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 10:23 pm

just logged onto masamune server and noticed i was w/o linkshell lol, Homero do you stll have the main one or we re-buying one? guess with everyone not going to same server made the change over too much
Back to top Go down
Homero

Some general info. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some general info.   Some general info. EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 10:42 pm

well, i just logged on also, and i noticed SE didnt keep their word, they said all that stuff from friendlist, to linkshell and what not would all change over and nothing would be lost,
but i have noticed, my friendlist and my linkshell has been wiped out, I will make a new one, i will call it the same name if that's cool? or you wanted a different name?
let me know, im gonna create it now, also, send me a friend request, i forgot how to spell your char name, mine is

Aurelius Leonide

Manni, where are you????!!
Back to top Go down
Michaelxx

Michaelxx

Some general info. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some general info.   Some general info. EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 4:16 am

i added your name and manning to my friendlist if it went through, my name is Slayer Michaelxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some general info. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some general info.   Some general info. Empty

Back to top Go down

Some general info.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheNewFantasyOrder :: Final Fantasy XIV :: Final Fantasy XIV Discussion-
Jump to: